Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

"A Poem to My Brain" by Elena Mangrobang

Oh brain, my brain, my one
and only
irreplaceable
can’t live without
and yet
why must you torment me so?
Answers not given and
questions unanswered,
why must you do this to me?
You are my hero, my savior
my worst enemy, my end
you ramble like a psychopath
and tell of the non-existent
you make a fool of me at times
heck
even the title of this poem is wrong
and yet
you, at times, have the knowledge of an aspiring scientist
and the wisdom of an old man
you even make me look intelligent
sometimes
“why,”
I wonder
“How,”
I inquire
what is it inside of you
inside of me
we’ve been together since birth
and yet
you still keep secrets from me
with these eyes
opened for you
my beloved
I’ve shown you my everything
poured out my heart
I have hidden nothing from you
“so why,”
I say again
why can’t you tell me your secrets
as I have told you mine
it’s almost as if
we’re strangers to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment