Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Bugs Bunny's Day Off" by Alaina Williams

I swear to God if I have to utter
The phrase “Errrrr....wassup Doc?”
One more time my jaw will fall off!
and I will then proceed to pick up said jaw
and chuck it at the screen writers.
I rolled my shoulders and jumped
into my tub filled with freshly diced kiwi.
The only way to get the dirt
and that crunchy orange vegetable off of me.
O God, how the mere sight of carrots irked me to no end!              
You see, Mama Bunny had a chemical imbalance
in her brain. One day she made carrot
casserole with warfarin instead of salt and pepper.
I was sick for two weeks!
And on that last day,
I tripped over my favorite chair
held together by duct tape and crazy glue.
On the floor I could see under my bed.
It had stacks of self-help books
Including, Who Moved My Cheese
and The Five Languages of Love.
To tell the truth, my whole house
was filled with them.
As you could tell after Mama Bunny made me sick,
I had to take my health into my own hands.
Also, for some reason, there was an old
Boiled egg down there.
How come I never smelled it before?
Suddenly, my phone rang and I jumped
I grabbed it. “Hello?” “Hey Kiddo
Come on down to the manor
I’ll show you some bunnies.”
“No thanks Uncle Hugh, I have Lola Bunny.”
I sighed thinking about her curly blonde hair
and long gloved fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment