Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

"A Prayer To My Laptop" by Alaina Williams

O praise be to hp, bless your fourteen-inch screen
Smooth and thin. I adore the fact that you let
Me push your ebony buttons. Shine upon
Me your eternal light when I gaze onto you
In the midnight hours. Let me stroke you softly
As you rest on my lap, flipping through pictures from M-Rave,
My celebrity fan-fic and singing a soothing rendition
of Megitsune by BABYMETAL.
Take me from the terror of Creepypasta to the
Swoon-worthy clips of Johnny Depp, and round it off
With the flat out confusion of singing unicorns
And suspicious bears. O Goddess of Entertainment
And Knowledge let me French braid your cord into my lock as
I hold you close to my ear lobe giving the death glare if
Anyone even looks your way. I shall protect your
Hot exhaust, no one will give you warn keys but me
Can you believe that our one year
Anniversary was just a few months ago in January?
Later on I’ll bathe you with those scratch free lavender
Wipes I got for you.










Here Alaina read this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment