Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Blind" by Jaylon Long

                                                             When I have fears that I might go blind,
                                                             I fathom about what I’d miss without
my dear eyes, so considerate, and kind.
No more bright blue skies and family cookouts

What if I’m to lose my treasured sight?
Never to see the people care I for.
Forced to eat blind, taking mystery bites.
The ideas of this fate are just torture.

As storms of my vision’s demise arrive,
 I then recall the simple things I’ll miss.
Then I vision myself at work early, eight o’five
Then I see my wife and me as we share a kiss

So as these doubts convey their woeful song
I see my fears make goals to make me strong

No comments:

Post a Comment